The Clifton Diocese is the Catholic Church in the West of England. Our administrative offices are based in Bristol and support the pastoral needs of the Catholic community throughout Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire and Bristol.As an employee of the Clifton Diocese you will be working for an award-winning, unique and diverse organisation. You will be in contact with people with various backgrounds and from around the world.You will enjoy being challenged and thrive working as part of our professional and dedicated teams; whether that’s as part of small office-based teams, the local Catholic community, and wider still as part of the Universal Church. You will work with professionals, volunteers, clergy, as well as many external contacts.
At present we have the following vacancy:
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School, Malmesbury
Headteacher; Required for September 2018
Contract Type: Permanent
Group 1 Salary range L8 – L15 NOR – 148
Are you ready to achieve your potential as a leader and change children’s lives in a beautiful, peaceful and historic area of the country? Come and lead us from Good to Outstanding, in an atmosphere where our impeccably well-behaved children have ‘an excellent attitude to learning’.
We seek someone who:
• Is a practising Catholic with a strong commitment to Catholic education and the ethos of the
• Enables children to achieve their full potential
• Can lead us to achieve an outstanding rating in our next OFSTED inspection and in the
meanwhile enhance our numeracy results in particular.
• Is a leader and innovator who encourages, enthuses and motivates the school community through
excellent communication and interpersonal skills and has the ability to lead us to ‘Outstanding’
We can offer:
• An ideal environment for your first headteacher role or for your next headteacher appointment
in a strong and caring school community, set ina peaceful but well-connected area, with a great
• Happy, confident and enthusiastic children who enjoy learning, and dedicated, supportive and
• Strong support from a highly effective and supportive Governing Board
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged, please contact Elaine Pearce at the school on 01666 822331 to make an appointment.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to satisfactory clearance by the Disclosure and Barring Service. Application packs are available from, and are returnable to: Elaine Pearce at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications will be 12 noon on Monday 16th April 2018, with shortlisting shortly thereafter.
Interviews will take place on Monday 23rd and Tuesday 24th April 2018