Living Your Faith
Diocesan Summer Camps
In a change to the structure of the Summer Camps, both camps will now be held on the same week — 10th – 14th August 2020.
There will be two streams of the camps. The two groups will share meals and times of prayer and worship. These changes have been made to make the camps sustainable for the future and to provide a richer experience for the young people.
The catechesis sessions, outdoor activities and sleeping accommodation will be kept separate and age appropriate.
Stream 1 (aged 7-11) will be accommodated in the Main house.
Stream 2 (aged 12-16) will be accommodated in the fixed camping area
The Living Your Faith camps take place annually and cater for the young people of Clifton Diocese.
Stream 1 Aged 7-11 (School Years 3 to 6)
Stream 2 Aged 12-16 (School Years 7 to 11)
All young people are welcome to attend.
In 2020 the Summer camp will be held on Monday 10th to Friday 14th August.
Cost for the 2020 Summer Camps is £210 per person. A non-refundable deposit of £40 is required with the completed booking forms to secure a place.
Further information and booking
Online Booking form
Deposit & Full payment button
Payment Options Button
Summer Camp Programme
The weeks are underpinned by a sharing and living of our Christian Faith.
Each week has a mix of:
- Guest speakers & Catechesis
- Small group work and reflection
- Games and fun activities
- Outdoor activities led by Viney Hill instructors (Climbing wall, Archery, Raft building, Mountain biking)
- Prayer, Mass, Liturgy of the Word and the opportunity for the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- Great food and accommodation
Each year the children and young people leave after our final Mass full of life, full of confidence for who they are, their own faith and the courage to be young disciples of Jesus. ‘Living Your Faith’ means so many things, and to live it is a challenge we enjoy and fully participate in during the weeks at the Summer Camps and continue when we return to our Parish communities.
Summer Camp Prices
Cost for the 2020 Summer Camp is £210 per person. A non-refundable deposit of £40 is required with the completed booking forms to secure a place.
- (Bedding is provided for Stream 1 – Stream 2 will need to provide a sleeping bag, sleeping mat and pillow.)
- All meals, drinks and snacks
- All activities including Viney Hill led outdoor activities
- Summer camp T-shirt
A payment schedule and breakdown of cost is available on request.
The Summer Camps team fundraise throughout the year to keep costs as accessible as possible to all. We are grateful to all those parishes and organisations who contribute so generously.
Summer Camp Leaders
The camps are led by an experienced team of volunteer children and youth workers, with the support of the Diocesan Coordinator of Youth Ministry. They meet throughout the year to prepare for the Summer Camps
All volunteers have current DBS checks and have completed the EduCare Safeguarding module. We follow the Diocesan Safeguarding policies and procedures.
If you have any further questions that aren’t answered here, please contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
Each week has a variety of different speakers providing inspirational talks and catechisis.
We have been fortunate to welcome Bishop Declan and other diocesan Clergy to celebrate the Sacraments and spend time with the young people on both weeks.
Safeguarding & Health and Safety
Health and Safety:
All activities and accommodation are fully risk assessed. If you would like a copy of the risk assessments please contact the Diocesan Coordinator of Youth Ministry using the contact form below.
All volunteers have current DBS checks in place and follow the Diocesan Safeguarding policies and procedures.
For a copy of our Diocesan Safeguarding policy and procedures, click here
A small bursary fund is available to help families wishing to send their children to our Diocesan Summer Camps.
To access this bursary please email email@example.com, outlining:
- The name(s) of children or young people attending the Summer Camps and on which week
- Your families current participation in Parish/Church/Community life.
- How as a family, you will communicate the Gospel message of the Summer Camps
- How this Gospel message has contributed to the formation of your children.
- How you will communicate this to your Parish/Church/Community.
- Please mention which Parish or Christian Church you attend as a family.