Living Your Faith
Diocesan Summer Camps
The Living Your Faith camps take place annually and cater for the young people of Clifton Diocese.
They are held over two weeks during August: the first week for 7-11 year olds (Years 3 to 6) and the second week for 12-16 year olds (Years 7 to 11). All young people are welcome to attend.
Week 1 Monday 10th August to Friday 14th August. Children in school years 3 to 6.
Week 2 Monday 17th to Friday 21st August. Young people in years school 7 to 11.
Cost for the 2020 Summer Camps is £210 per person. A non-refundable deposit of £40 is required with the completed booking forms to secure a place.
Further information and booking
Online Booking form
Booking for Summer Camps 2019 are now closed.
Summer Camp Programme
The weeks are underpinned by a sharing and living of our Christian Faith.
Each week has a mix of:
- Guest speakers & Catechesis
- Small group work and reflection
- Games and fun activities
- Outdoor activities led by Viney Hill instructors (Climbing wall, Archery, Raft building, Mountain biking)
- Prayer, Mass, Liturgy of the Word and the opportunity for the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
- Great food and accommodation
Each year the children and young people leave after our final Mass full of life, full of confidence for who they are, their own faith and the courage to be young disciples of Jesus. ‘Living Your Faith’ means so many things, and to live it is a challenge we enjoy and fully participate in during the weeks at the Summer Camps and continue when we return to our Parish communities.
Summer Camp Prices
Cost for the 2019 Summer Camps is £200 per person. A non-refundable deposit of £40 is required with the completed booking forms to secure a place.
- Accommodation (including bedding)
- All meals, drinks and snacks
- All activities including Viney Hill led outdoor activities
- Summer camp T-shirt
A payment schedule and breakdown of cost is available on request.
The Summer Camps team fundraise throughout the year to keep costs as accessible as possible to all. We are grateful to all those parishes and organisations who contribute so generously.
Summer Camp Leaders
The camps are led by Stephen Spurrell who is into his seventh year as leader. He has a wonderful team of volunteers who help to run the camps and create the family atmosphere. All volunteers and leaders are DBS checked.
The camps have the full backing and support of the Diocesan Coordinator of Youth Ministry.
If you have any further questions that aren’t answered here, please contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
The camps are led by an experienced team of volunteer children and youth workers, with the support of the Diocesan Coordinator of Youth Ministry and the Diocesan Health & Safety Coordinator. All volunteers have current DBS checks in place and follow the Diocesan Safeguarding policies and procedures.
Each week has a variety of different speakers providing inspirational talks and catechisis.
We have been fortunate to welcome Bishop Declan and other diocesan Clergy to celebrate the Sacraments and spend time with the young people on both weeks.
Safeguarding & Health and Safety
Health and Safety:
All activities and accommodation are fully risk assessed. If you would like a copy of the risk assessments please contact the Diocesan Coordinator of Youth Ministry, Dave Wheat using the contact form below.
All volunteers have current DBS checks in place and follow the Diocesan Safeguarding policies and procedures.
For a copy of our Diocesan Safeguarding policy and procedures, click here
A small bursary fund is available to help families wishing to send their children to our Diocesan Summer Camps.
To access this bursary please email email@example.com, outlining:
- The name(s) of children or young people attending the Summer Camps and on which week
- Your families current participation in Parish/Church/Community life.
- How as a family, you will communicate the Gospel message of the Summer Camps
- How this Gospel message has contributed to the formation of your children.
- How you will communicate this to your Parish/Church/Community.
- Please mention which Parish or Christian Church you attend as a family.