Working for usCurrent vacancies with Clifton Diocese
The Clifton Diocese is the Catholic Church in the West of England. Our administrative offices are based in Bristol and support the pastoral needs of the Catholic community throughout Gloucestershire, Somerset, Wiltshire and Bristol. As an employee of the Clifton Diocese you will be working for an award-winning, unique and diverse organisation. You will be in contact with people with various backgrounds and from around the world. You will enjoy being challenged and thrive working as part of our professional and dedicated teams; whether that’s as part of small office-based teams, the local Catholic community, and wider still as part of the Universal Church. You will work with professionals, volunteers, clergy, as well as many external contacts.
Two exciting new opportunities to work for the Diocese of Clifton within the Department for Adult Education and Evangelisation.
Adult Formation and Evangelisation Officer
- Are you passionate about your faith and have a desire to share it with others?
- Would you like to support our parishes in their mission to be communities of evangelisation and mission?
- Do you have an interest in developing resources and working with a variety of different groups to deliver effective and dynamic sacramental preparation alongside accompanying parishes in their outreach to those seeking faith or simply curious?
The successful applicant will need to be committed to the mission of the Church, a confident communicator, be able to promote the Gospel and support parishes to grow in their capacity to be places of mission and outreach.
Caritas and Environmental Officer
- Are you passionate about our planet and how we care for it?
- Do you care about the poor and the vulnerable in our local communities?
- Would you like to be able to develop co-ordinated plans for action, working with parishes and schools in a Catholic setting?
With two key aspects to this role, the successful applicant will need to have the confidence to ensure that both the Cry of the Poor and the Cry of the Earth are fully integrated into the life of our parishes and schools.
For further information/informal discussion about the roles please contact Sarah Adams, the Director of Adult Education & Evangelisation on 0117 902 5595.
The job description, personal specification and application form are available below.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 25 June 2021.
RECRUITMENT OF A CEO FOR THE DUNSTAN MAT
Chief Executive Officer / Catholic Senior Executive Leader
Role title: Chief Executive Officer / Catholic Senior Executive Leader
Location of schools: Somerset and North Somerset
Closing date: Friday 25 June 2021 at 9am
Interview date: Tuesday 6 July TBC
Start date: Target MAT opening date: 1 March 2022
Children, Youth and Families Worker
Appointment Type: Full Time, two-year fixed term contract
Working hours: 35 hours per week
Location: St Francis, Nailsea and St Joseph, Portishead
Salary: £22,000-£24,000 per annum
Start date: to be negotiated with the successful candidate
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and committed individual to develop the ministry to children, young people and families in the Catholic Parishes of St Francis, Nailsea and St Joseph’s Portishead. This is an exciting role working with our two parishes and their primary schools to create opportunities for children and young people to engage in the mission and life of the Church.
What you will need:
- Experience of working with children and young people
- Knowledge of the workings of a Catholic parish
- Experience in delivering catechesis
- The ability to develop appropriate and sustainable relationships with members of a parish community
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent organisation, administration and communication skills
The Diocese of Clifton is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The post holder will be expected to contribute to a positive culture of safeguarding within the organisation. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
For further information and an informal discussion about this role please contact Father Richard Elson on 01275 851530 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Sunday 27th June 2021
Health and Safety Coordinator:
Clifton Diocese have an exciting opportunity for a Health and Safety Coordinator to join the organisation. Based from Bristol with occasional multi site travel. The successful candidate will manage their own diary and be responsible for conducting training and risk assessments. This role will suit Health and Safety professionals who are confident operating in a stand alone role and being the focal point for all Health, Safety and Compliance queries.
- Coordinate and support all Health and Safety activities
- To promote and develop the client’s safety culture, acting as the focal point for training.
- Ensure compliance across the property portfolio
- Liaising with all locations to ensure that the online Health and Safety Management System is regularly reviewed.
- Hold the NEBOSH General or NCRQ Certificate; ideally Tech IOSH
- Self-motivated, proactive and have a high attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience of coordinating and maintaining a Health & Safety service across multiple locations
- Full driving licence
All interested applicants should apply via this link: Health and Safety Coordinator – Bristol, Bristol – 15778 (NT) | Shirley Parsons .
The Cardinal Newman Catholic Educational Trust
The Cardinal Newman Educational Trust, consisting of 9 Catholic Primary Schools in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and Bristol is looking to recruit 8 new Directors to form its Trust Board.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of one of the first Multi Academy Trusts within Clifton Diocese.
If you have enthusiasm and commitment, can take a strategic view and contribute to boardroom discussions, then you can make a valuable contribution to the governing board of this new Multi Academy Trust. It also provides the opportunity to use your life/work skills and experience, to provide the best possible education for the benefit of the children in our schools.
Please see the Director Recruitment Pack for further details and how to apply . Closing date for applications is 12.00 noon on Friday 25 June.
Deputy Headteacher: St Augustine’s College
Contract type: Full time, permanent
Salary: L14-L18, or by negotiation for an exceptional candidate
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 7th June
Shortlisting date: Wednesday 9th June
Interview date: Friday 18th June
St Augustine’s is seeking to appoint an experienced senior leader to be a Deputy Head of our outstanding Catholic college. This vacancy arises through the retirement of a long-serving Deputy Headteacher.
The college will have two Deputy Heads, who will jointly share responsibility for deputising for our Headmaster, and for the day to day operation of our college. This particular post will include responsibility for maintaining our high standards of behaviour and conduct, promoting inclusivity, overseeing arrangements for college events, staff cover, and overseeing attendance and punctuality.
The successful candidate will be a practising Catholic, who is able to develop our strong ethos, and provide spiritual leadership to students and colleagues; must have a commitment to high standards of safeguarding and student behaviour, be an ambassador for the College, and a visible upholder of our values and vision; and be able to form excellent relationships with Governors, staff, parents and students.