The Instrumentum Laboris or ‘Working document’ for the forthcoming Synod of Youth, Faith & Vocational discernment has been released. This document sets out what will be discussed by Pope Francis and the Synod Fathers in Rome during October 2018. The working document also gives us, as a diocese, the opportunity to bring young people into focus as we head towards the Synod itself. The opening words of the document outline how important our young people are: “Taking care of young people is not an optional task for the Church, but an integral part of her vocation and mission in history. In just a few words, this is the specific scope of the upcoming Synod: just as our Lord Jesus Christ walked alongside the disciples of Emmaus (cf. Lk 24:13-35), the Church is also urged to accompany all young people, without exception, towards the joy of love.” We are encouraging every Parish to take time to reflect on how they welcome young people and what the ministry to them will look like. Resources to help this process, and all the Synod documents, are available on our dedicated Synod page. If any Parish would like any further assistance in their conversations, they can get in touch with our Youth Ministry Coordinator, Dave Wheat. Keep checking the Synod pages for updates and follow the story of the Synod.
- New Confirmation page and information added to our website
- Forthcoming Celebrate Bristol family conference – what’s on offer for those who attend?
- Treasuring the Liturgy exhibition at Clifton Cathedral
- St Patrick’s, Corsham & St Anthony’s, Melksham – Pilgrimage to Lourdes
- Pope Francis: “We have not succeeded in responsibly protecting creation”